When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Friday, February 10, 2012

Dan Witz 2


The last time I posted work by Dan Witz I showed only his painting (Oct. 13, 2009). Which is amazing. But there is another side to the man that has been a constant in his work. That is his street art. Over the years, even decades really, it has taken many forms but always there has been a combination of subtlety and wit that one does not usually associate with art imposed in guerilla fashion upon public spaces. Add to that mix a healthy dose of the macabre and you get... well... see below. The next time you take a stroll down the rough streets of a city, keep your eyes open for the furtive figures who may be lurking behind seemingly innocuous grilles and wire mesh gates.
In the meantime, check out his website (www.danwitz.com) and this short video about his most recent work in Norway.



"King Baby" project, Stavenger, Norway

"King Baby" project, Stavenger, Norway

Katowice, Poland
"Do Not Enter"  Brooklyn, 2007 - From The Man of Sorrows collaboration with the Butoh artist, Ian Caskey.

1 comment: