When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Steven Tabbutt

The Grey Rabbit

The Gift - panel 2

Tourist
Incident

Mono Myth

Steven Tabbutt is an illustrator and an artist who has been gathering up a busload of awards and accolades for his evocative work. His style encompasses a range of approaches from the fairly traditional to a highly stylized use of intricate line work. All of it shares the same sense of visual playfulness, in a decidedly dark and minor key, that makes for some compelling and intriguingly cryptic visual narratives. You can see more of his work on his website: steventabbutt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment