When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

John Brosio 3

"Fatherless Bride"  2010

"Queen of Suburbia (study)"  2010

"String Theory"  10" x 12"  2002
"Sleepy Head 2"  36" x 48"  2009

"Panhandle Commute 2"  36" x 48"  2003
This will be the third time I've posted the work of John Brosio. You can see the earlier posts here (March 2010) and here (November 2008). Obviously I'm a fan, and my excuse this time around is that he posted some new work on his website (www.johnbrosio.com). Well actually some of it is older but it was new to me and if his work is new to you, spend some time browsing through a great collection. His mastery of traditional realism is one thing, but it's his sly and often dark humor that wins me over. I've included a variety of work here including the first 2 pieces which are not posted anywhere else as far as I know. They were sent with email announcements over the course of the last year. And he sent fairly large files, so I encourage you to click on those 2 images to get a really good look at the details. The next 2 pieces are from his new page on his website, "Critters". And the last piece is from his Iconic and prolific series of tornado paintings which is only all too appropriate, unfortunately given recent events.

No comments:

Post a Comment