When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, November 30, 2009

Pamela Michelle Johnson

Thanksgiving is past but I didn't post anything since, so here's some more food for you. Only this food isn't quite the celebration of bounty and good health. It has a lot more to do with modified corn starch, hydrogenated oils, various chemical additives and of course, America's obsession with image and consumption.
Don't feel bad if these paintings make you hungry. The underlying message is equally clear and that conflict is, in a sense, the point.
pamelamichellejohnson.com





















"Cool Ranch" 20x20" 2009























"PB&J II" 44x58" 2009























"Waffles" 42x72" 2007


And for scale... what could be yummier than a six foot tall stack of pancakes drowning in syrup?

No comments:

Post a Comment