When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mark Horst

Here are some straight forward figure studies. There's nothing quite like the human figure that fascinates artists so. When someone gets to the point of capturing a gesture with apparent effortlessness, their work can then begin to move off into intriguing studies of abstract shape and color and explore the textural qualities of their media without becoming mere gimmick. Mr. Horst is clearly there.
Go to his website at markhorststudio.com or check out his blog






















"Your Brother's Blood" 30x40" oil on canvas 2009






















"J.I. with Hand on Head" 24x30" oil on canvas 2009























"I'll Fly Away no.1" 24x24" oil on canvas 2009






















"Francis Bacon no.1" 22x30" mixed media on paper 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment