When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, October 19, 2009

Amanda Blake (2)

Since I last posted her work (June 15) she put these two new pieces on her blog among others. I especially like the long narrative titles. She spends much of her time creating smaller studies of her cast of characters but it's these larger works (only 14 inches square!) in which she places her characters into stories that I think are her most satisfying pieces. All that work on the character studies pays off though. Look at the subtle expressions on the very small faces of our protagonists in the detail of the first image. Perfect.
You can see more of her work at wwww.flickr.com/photos/amandablakeart/
























"When The Sea Turned Purple They Knew They had Gone Too Far" 14x14" oil on panel

















"When the sea.." detail























"the Butterflies Gathered Around to Protect Them From the Night" 14x14" oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment