When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kim Cogan part2

He's been busy. There's a bunch of new paintings on his website and they're just as gorgeous as ever (see May 2009 ). There's a sense of loneliness, isolation or reflective melancholy that is unique to an urban existence. That description may be oversimplified and it's not necessarily always a negative experience, but what ever it is, Kim Cogan seems to infuse every brush stroke with it.
www.kimcogan.com























"Five Stories, Night" 72x64" 2009






















"Testing the Waters" 40x30" 2009











"Sanctuary" 36x32", 36x42" 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment