When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eric Franklin

These are cool. I've seen the real things and really, they're cool. Sometimes that's really all you need. It doesn't have to be relevant to the fractured perceptions of the modern experience or reflect the withering angst of post industrial consumerism or whatever. It can just be cool.
It's all flameworked borosilicate glass (he said, huh?) filled with either argon or krypton (I know I'm a nerd, but krypton? really? Now that's cool.)
www.ericfranklin.com






















"Embodiment"












detail "Embodiment" 2006-2008
click on this image to view larger.






















detail "Embodiment"


















"Distend" 2004

















"Spiral" 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment