When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yaroslav Gerzhedovich

At the recommendation of the previously posted artist I now present another "Damn good Russian". Much of his work is taken up with mythology and allegory while other pieces are very traditional bucolic landscapes. Some of the best pieces are either somewhere in between or neither, but judge for yourself. And definitely go to his Flickr site to see incredibly elaborate details.













"The Alchemists"

















"The Damned City"
















"Walls and Windows"






















"Assault the castle"

Don't forget to click on these images to see them larger

2 comments:

  1. I'm really loving all the art you've been posting. These remind me of Bosch... a personal fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I understand he is also a fan of Bosch and especially Breugel.

    ReplyDelete