When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Friday, April 24, 2009

David Tinman Edgar

This is a local artist who had an abstract piece in a small show at a library hereabouts (I also had a piece there, which is the only reason I saw it). There was something about it that made me think the artist did more than abstraction. I was right and here's a couple of other pieces along with that abstract I saw in the library. I'd love to see these Humvee paintings in person.
His website is www.tinmanstudio.org
















"Acute Nostalgia"















"Lost in Imperium"






















"Squeaky Brakes"

1 comment:

  1. You can see Dave's Humvee paintings in person at the Walters Cultural Art Center in Hillsboro now through July 29, 2009. He is in a exhibit with me and Julia Haack, a Seattle sculptor. The Humvee paintings are in the lower level.

    Alan Rose

    ReplyDelete