When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, March 30, 2009

Christian Van Minnen

I admit that I saw some of his earlier work and liked it OK, but I was unprepared for these latest pieces. He takes the work of renaissance artists and the bizarre Guiseppe Arcimboldo in particular, into new satisfyingly creepy territory.
www.seevanminnen.com
To see the new work go to myartspace.com






















"Still Life 1.1" 24" x 30"






















"Still Life 1.1" 24" x 30"























"Manfungus1.4" 30" x 40"























"Manfungus1.5" 24" x 30"

2 comments: